Quality Control Engineer
To administer the quality control activities in the production process associated product inspection and testing and product packaging to assure the quality of the outgoing product is in compliance with the customers’ requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that quality control work in the process areas is performed in accordance with established procedures e.g. product inspection, product measurements, inspection equipment operation and setup, equipment verification and calibration, product sampling, product packaging etc.
- Audits the activities carried out by personnel to ensure that timely action is taken to prevent non-compliance with specifications and customer requirements.
- Audits and analyses the trends in the results of product inspection and testing activities carried out in Production to identify and address any operational deficiencies.
- Uses statistical process control techniques to monitor process performance and identify the root cause of variations in product attributes outside of requirements.
- Authorises the release or quarantine of finished product including any verification activities required to qualify the product lots for release.
- Audits the reporting of process information as required by the Quality Management System.
- Performs internal Audits of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Maintains records required under the Quality Management System
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems for continuous improvement of the Quality Management System and Food Safety Management System.
- Plans and reviews training and development activities for subordinates.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary level certification in Process Management
- Certified Quality Engineer (American Society Quality or equivalent)
- At least three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of two (2) years experience in Quality Control at a Supervisory level.
- Computer literate, with a practical knowledge of MS Office applications
- Certification in Plant Process Operations and or Food Safety Management Systems would be an asset
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.