Please note that this position is in Barbados, W.I.
The Purchasing Manager is accountable for the effective coordination of buying activity for all Trimart stores. This position ensures that the company obtains the right product, at the right price, from the right source in order to achieve the company’s goals.
- Coordinate purchasing activity in a timely manner.
- Negotiate with suppliers for best deals.
- Meet and maintain gross profit levels.
- Ensure consistency in pricing structure at all stores.
- Develop, implement, monitor and modify buying procedures.
- Source and import new products to serve a wide-range of customer needs, inclusive of niche items.
- Coordinate all monthly specials and related promotions with Marketing
- Maintain contact with suppliers and build strong supplier relationships.
- Ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained at all store locations to support demand.
- Assist with highlighting of slow-moving items.
- Evaluate the cost, quality and suitability of products being offered to determine appropriateness for the company’s objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of market trends, keep informed of new products and communicate purchasing opportunities to management.
- Assist with the development and implementation of initiatives to promote and stimulate sales.
- Ensure that accurate purchasing records are kept and maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
- Provide accurate and timely reports as requested.
- Provide the highest level of customer service at all times to all customers (internal, external, suppliers).
- Visit all store locations on regular basis.
- Perform any other related duties as may become necessary.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in retail buying inclusive of overseas buying.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing procedures and excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral & written), organization and problem-solving skills.
- A creative approach with the ability to multi-task, set and adjust priorities.
- Computer literate with skills in Microsoft Excel & Word.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.