Key responsibilities: The Programmer/Analyst position provides support to the business units which use custom-built solutions. This role is expected to establish an in-depth understanding of the source code of solutions while maintaining a sound grasp of the business line it is meant to support. A customer-service orientation is also core to the success of this role in providing effective support to the Operation.
- Collaborate with Projects Office on solutions’ analysis, documentation, testing and training.
- Collaborate with Systems Admins to deliver technical support and training.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure timely delivery of new products to staging and live environments
- Develop in-depth knowledge of solutions or processes, current or new, to provide effective support and training.
- Document analysis, processes, workflows, test plans, implementations and test results.
- Develop enhancements to systems, based on user requirements.
- Develop the best solutions within the defined timeframes.
- Engage line personnel, managers or executives to assess and identify real business needs.
- Documentation of the development, modification or removal of software components and solutions.
- Effective integration of all components when deploying systems.
- Provide timely feedback to the Helpdesk and/or Assistant IT Manager on progress.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- B Sc. Computer Science or equivalent qualifications.
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programming.
- Training/familiarity with the .NET framework and related languages (C#, C++, VB.NET).
- Working Knowledge of Relational Database concepts and Structured Query Language.
- Training/familiarity with relational database technologies.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience or Certification with SQL Server or Informix administration would be an asset.
- Experience or certification with developing Informix applications would be an asset.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.