This position forms part of the Bank’s Investment Services team, which is to be the front-line for growing the Bank’s Mutual Fund business. The incumbent plays a role in the development of new business and strategies. He/she is directly responsible for the Bank’s profit contribution from its Mutual Fund business, including:
- All Mutual Fund operations and activities
- Portfolio performance – as a back-up to the Mutual Fund portfolio Manager
- Effective and efficient operations
- Risk management and compliance
- Performance and development of subordinates
- Development and implementation of corporate plans in respect of Mutual Funds.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, market and develop Mutual Fund business
- Devise and implement policies and procedures to ensure efficient, accurate and timely delivery of information
- Assist with the evaluation of Investment opportunities
- Researches Mutual Fund industry competitors and industry environment including the development of legislation and its impact
- Active monitoring of Mutual Fund performance and liquidity requirements
- Assist with the production of investment and performance reports
- Provide to the Board a monthly management report on areas of responsibility
- Manage the completion of the annual and semi-annual financial statements
- Manage the work-flow of direct reports
- Train direct reports as required
- Other duties assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Business or Finance, or relevant professional experience. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience, MBA preferred.
Business and Computer Skills
- Computer literate. Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Well read and up-to-date on Investment Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanour and conduct
- Initiative and drive
- Hands-on approach with a practice of accuracy.
Interested individuals should submit their resumes by July 12th 2007 to:
Vacancy- Mutual Fund Officer
Executive Director HR/IT
P.O. Box 600, PORT OF SPAIN