Responsible for all human resource activities of the company. Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Responsible for all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, and training and development.
- Interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications.
- Provide information relevant to human resource matters to management, supervisors and staff.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested
- Conduct new employee orientations.
- Conduct training and presentations as required.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees of all benefit plans.
- Recommend, develop and schedule training and development courses.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases and manual filing systems.
- Handle employee relations, counseling and exit interview.
- Prepare reports and documents as required
- Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate health, safety, security and environmental standards.
- Perform any other duties as required by the job function.
- B.Sc. in Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized University
- Certificate in Industrial Relations
- 5 years relevant post graduate human resource experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Working experience with Trade Unions will be an asset
Or any equivalent combination of qualification and experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of the Labour laws of Trinidad and Tobago will be an asset
- Good mediation skills
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with Managers and Employees
- High level of integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
P.O Box 600,
11th Floor, TATIL Building,
Maraval Road, Port of Spain.