POSITION: Human Resource Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
DIVISION: Human Resources
DIVISION: Services Sector
To provide day-to-day technical Human Resource (HR) and administrative support geared towards assisting in the achievement of the HR objectives throughout the organization.
- Reports directly to the Sector Human Resource Manager- Services.
- Liaises internally with the General Manager and all MBM/SE/CIL employees.
- Liaises internally with the Human Resource Assistant – Services.
ANSA McAL Head Office staff, other Group HR staff, candidates for employment, Contractors, Government and State Agency Officials including Ministry of Labour, HR personnel in the Public and Private Sectors, HR Consultants
- Assists with the Performance Management System and ensures that all midyear review and annual Performance Appraisal forms are distributed to Managers and Supervisors in a timely manner. Follows up to ensure forms are completed and returned to HR and updates the Performance Appraisal database with ratings, training needs etc.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection process which includes preparing advertisements, arranging and conducting interviews, reference checks and taking follow-up administrative action. Also responsible for benefits administration such as Group Insurance and Pension Plans in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Maintains the Leave Management System and accurately processes and keys Leave Forms in a timely manner. Also generates Departmental absenteeism reports.
- Updates all establishments/employee databases, salary spreadsheets, organizational charts and other HR records and statistical reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists in the coordination of Training and prepares related training documents as per established Company procedures. Also responsible for assisting with the coordination of the Company’s Employee of the Month programme and New Employee Orientation in accordance with the Group’s Orientation and On-boarding Programme.
- Accurately prepares various HR correspondence including offer letters, contracts, job letters, letters of promotions, transfers etc.
- Responds to all resignations immediately upon receipt and conducts exit interviews. Also ensures that other separations are dealt with promptly.
- Assists in the preparation and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Maintains confidentiality in all HR matters and handles employees’ requests and complaints in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- Accurately prepares HR and IR reports and other special reports as required in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the resume bank is maintained and sources suitable resumes as required.
- Files all relevant documents in personal files and other HR files in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely ordering and issuing of Uniforms for staff.
- Assists in the coordination of staff events.
- Ensures that Payroll is notified promptly of all staff changes and assists the Finance Department in the processing of fortnightly and monthly payroll.
- Provides general assistance to the Sector Human Resource Manager and other team members and performs any other related duties as may be required by the function in a professional and efficient manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate Degree: Social Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- At least 2 years experience in an HR environment and in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of Industrial Relations will be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
P.O Box 600
11th Floor, TATIL Building
Maraval Road, Port of Spain