ANSA McAL held its 88th Annual Meeting of Shareholders at the Radisson Hotel in Port-of-Spain on Thursday 25th May, 2017. Here are some highlights of the 2016 Financial Performance of the Group:
- Revenues remained above the $6 billion mark.
- Operating profit (before finance costs, share of associated income and tax) above $1 billion for the 7th consecutive year.
- PBT above $1 billion for 4th consecutive year.
- EPS at $4.01
- Dividend pay out increased by $0.10 to $1.50
MANUFACTURING, PACKAGING AND BREWING:
- Our new brew house for St Kitts and a new malt handling system for Grenada will increase brewing yields and efficiencies.
- We acquired Indian River Beverage Corporation (USA), the largest indigenous brewery in Florida. Local brands are now manufactured in the USA.
- We acquired EASI Industrial Supplies Ltd (Trinidad and Tobago).
- ANSA Polymer invested in plant upgrades in film and moulding to support higher demand and expand business.
- ANSA Coatings Ltd expanded its network of regional colour shops into Barbados, Guyana and Jamaica.
AUTOMOTIVE, TRADING AND DISTRIBUTION:
- We launched the new Automotive Leasing Company in 2Q 2016 under the brand of Europcar.
- Our new state-of-the-art Automotive Showroom opened in Chaguanas.
- We opened a chiller facility in Guyana to expand our portfolio in this category.
- TWEE Duty Free opened a new store at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, Guyana.
- AMCO was appointed co-distributor for Servier, one of the leading Pharmaceutical Houses in the world and distributor for the Cover Girl Make Up Line.
INSURANCE & FINANCIAL SERVICES:
- ANSA Merchant Bank Ltd completed the acquisition of Consolidated Finance Co. in Barbados offering AMBL a regional presence.
- AMBL’s net assets growth of 8%.
- AM Best reaffirmed TATIL’s A-rating.
- The installation of new IT business systems continue.
MEDIA, SERVICES, RETAIL & PARENT COMPANY:
- Guardian Media Ltd (GML) expanded its digital advertising billboard network
- GML completed the first phase of the print optimisation project, enhancing the quality and efficiency of print production.
- Trimart supermarket chain divested in 2Q. Losses of $7 million will not re-occur.
- Standard Distributors Ltd continued its multi-million dollar showroom upgrade project.
The ANSA McAL Group values diversity in the workplace and strive to be a responsible corporate citizen to all of our stakeholders, in our workplace, in our communities and in countries where our products and services are manufactured and sold.
Following the Annual Meeting of Shareholders, some samples of beer from our Florida Beer Company were distributed. We have included some photos below for your viewing pleasure!
Corporate Communications Department
ANSA McAL Group of Companies
Wednesday 31st May, 2017