ANSA McAL Group HSE Manager- Mr. Nixon Gangoo and ANSA Motors HSSE & Facilities Manager – Mr. Clarence Ramkhalawan were amongst several companies in Trinidad and Tobago to attend the DuPont 2 days technical seminar for thermal protection in Paulinia Brazil 17th -18th 2018.
DuPont is a science company dedicated to solving challenging global problems, while creating measurable and meaningful value for its customers, employees and shareholders. DuPont dynamic portfolio of products, materials and services meets the ever-changing market needs of diverse industries in more than 90 countries. DuPont unite around a set of core values—safety and health, environmental stewardship, highest ethical behavior and respect for people.
The main purpose of the training was to educate the Hse professional in laboratory testing of the materials use to make PPE and the amount of research and development put into processes to ensure a life is not lost. The both days cover many topics in theoretical and lab sessions such as:
• Selection criteria for personal protective equipment
• NFPA standards for thermal protection Nomex Fibers
• Garment purchasing considerations – flame resistance (Fr)
• Educating (training employees) Flash Fires, Arc Fires, flammable fabrics that melt
• Burns – first degree, second degree and 3-degree impact causation on an employee
• Kevlar hand safety protection for cut resistance and thermal protection
• Chemical safety /chemical composition of materials
• Research and development of new technology – Specific Requirements
• Thermo man practical.
Dupont Certified both Mr. Nixon Gangoo and Mr. Clarence Ramkhalawan in the Technical Seminar for Thermal Protection.
Well Done Nixon and Clarence!
Corporate Communications Department
ANSA McAL Group of Companies