Position: Group Internal Audit Senior
Location: Port-of-Spain / Trinidad and Tobago
- Assist the GPA Manager with the development of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Provide support in the evaluation of key risks, objectives and scope of the audit program to ensure adequate comfort in the areas being tested.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of financial, operational and compliance internal Audits, business performance reviews and special investigations in accordance with the department’s risk management framework and International Standards on Internal Auditing as prescribed by the IIA.
- Prepare reports for completed internal audit reviews.
- Support the GPA Manager in the enhancement of good corporate governance across the Group and particularly, drive compliance with Blue Books Policies.
- Together with the GPA Manager drive the development of the Group’s audit of IT systems and processes.
- Support the GPA Manager in the co-ordination of audit efforts with the Group’s external auditors.
- Perform validation exercises for all closed audit issues.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues.
- Effectively monitor and report on the implementation of corrective action by audit clients.
- Assist Internal Audit Management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Prepare monthly audit tracker reports and presentations as necessary.
- Provide support on issues relating to internal controls, remediation advice, regulatory requirements and other compliance areas.
- Ensure that all working papers are appropriately completed, reviewed and archived on the server at the head office in final version.
The successful candidate should convey the following personal characteristics:
- Ability to think critically, break down situations into its components and identify key or underlying complex issues.
- Demonstrate thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, the ability to proofread work as well as plan, monitor and organize time and resources efficiently.
- Develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Effectively transfer thoughts and express ideas orally or verbally in individual or group situations.
- Demonstrate good judgment in making decisions authoritatively and wisely, after adequately contemplating various available courses of action.
- Derive initiative to do more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Establish systematic course(s) of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Apply and improve extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s job effectively.
- ACCA, CIA, CISA qualification or Degree in an Accounting or related field.
- 3-4 years core internal audit experience
- 2-3 years industry and/or external audit experience
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- Are you ACCA, CIA, CISA qualified? - Do you possess 3-4 years core internal audit experience? - Do you possess 2-3 years industry and/or external audit experience?