Position: Brand Manager
Company: Alstons Marketing Company Limited
To develop, recommend and implement marketing plans and promotions and work closely with the sales, marketing, promotions and merchandising teams to facilitate the achievement of optimum brand equity, sales, quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands to enhance the company’s image as a preferred supplier in the industry.
- Analysis of brand strategies and positioning for effective go to market plans, through development of annual marketing plans.
- Implement marketing plans, promotions, media and product launches for assigned brands to facilitate the achievement of the company’s marketing objectives.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets, competitive activities and conduct consumer insights, to identify opportunities and key issues and areas for investment.
- Conduct brand sales analysis to understand performance and document brand trends ensuring all required corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- Achieve and monitor monthly sales and gross profit targets in keeping with departmental objectives, implementing measures to address short falls.
- Manage A&P spend in line with budgeted, margin requirements and brand investment.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIS)
- Ensure optimum quality, distribution, visibility, price, placement and promotion of the assigned brands in all trade channels.
- Prepare draft forecasts and budget proposals and administer approved a&p budgets in collaboration with suppliers, business unit manager and/or group product manager, ensuring that all expenses are accounted for and tracked.
- Conduct regular trade audits, monitoring existing brand portfolio, competitive activity, promotional trends and identify opportunities and areas for investment.
- Monitor and report on all competitive activity in the trade through regular trade visits, including appropriate tactical initiatives to counteract such activity and assessing distribution levels and shelf presence.
- Monitor product expiration dates and damages of assigned brands at the warehouse and implement measures to keep expiries to a minimum.
- Assist with inventory management – ICM forecasting – to ensure minimization of stock-outs, reduction in slow moving stock and liquidation of discontinued products and monitoring of expiry dates.
- Create and disseminate tools needed for sales, promotions and merchandising team to launch/introduce products in line with road map.
- Dependability — job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to detail — job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative — job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Integrity — job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/flexibility — job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Innovation — job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Self control/emotional intelligence — job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation — job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress tolerance — job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Achievement/effort — job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Leadership — job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Persistence — job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Independence — job requires developing one\\\\\\\’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Analytical thinking — job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Social orientation – job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
How to apply:
- Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Business Management or related field? - Do you have a minimum of two years experience in a FMCG Company? -