Position: Business Development Officer
Company: ANSA Merchant Bank
Job Description: Originate new business in all bank retail and commercial products with core focus on asset finance and insurance to ensure aggressive targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to prospective customers and establish cordial working relationships with sales people at the dealerships and office environs to foster overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all new proposals are speedily prepared, reviewed and processed/or declined.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the bank’s loan products/services and policies in order to respond to inquiries/concerns/or complaints directed to you by resolving those matters within your discretion.
- Perform analysis for credit applications and provide sound financial advice in the structuring of facilities to meet customers’ requirements.
- Maintain the confidentiality of customer information and report any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to the supervisor or manager.
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor or manager from time to time.
Characteristics: Analytical problem solving – this competency is concerned with applying an analytical approach to solving problems and reaching
Logical conclusions. This means gathering information from a variety of sources and quickly gaining an understanding of it. It requires working effectively with complicated, conflicting or ambiguous information, and looking beyond the surface of issues to identify their underlying patterns and causes.
Planning & organizing – this competency requires people to establish and prioritize tasks and objectives in order to manage time and resources appropriately. Effective planners will set deadlines based on the time required for each task, and on how each part of their plan affects the others. They will also have backup plans in case the situation changes.
Innovation – innovation is about turning creative ideas into original solutions. This competency is concerned with producing new or different approaches to current situations and enabling this creativity in others. An innovative approach involves both generating ideas and seeing them through to implementation.
Clear written communication – this competency concerns the ability to write clearly and succinctly. Clear written communication means adapting the style and content to meet the demands of the situation and audience. To communicate clearly and effectively will usually mean using well-structured, logical arguments and avoiding unnecessarily technical or complex language.
Drive for excellent results – this competency requires a strong focus on setting and meeting high standards. People who drive for excellent results expect high standards from themselves and others. To be sure of this, they will take appropriate steps to monitor the quality of their own work and that of others.
Customer focus – people demonstrating customer focus are eager to develop strong, lasting relationships with their clients.
They are driven by a desire to understand and satisfy their customers’ needs, exceeding their expectations wherever possible. This competency may be concerned with clients inside or outside the
Organization? internal customers may be other departments or individuals from the same organization.
Coping with pressure – coping with pressure requires a positive attitude in stressful situations or following failure. It relies on the
Ability to manage one’s own emotions, a willingness to take on challenging tasks, and the energy to remain focused on those tasks when presented with obstacles.
Initiative – people showing initiative are constantly looking for things to do. They are self-confident and proactive and will generate activity for themselves rather than waiting for instruction. They are also prepared to take risks if they feel there is potential benefit in doing so.
How to apply:
- Do you have a BAchelors Degree in Business Management? - Do you have at least two (2) years banking experience in credit analysis/lending, sales?