Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the Company’s Strategic Planning process and in developing the Division’s Operational strategy.
- Cost effectively allocate and control department’s manpower and other resources.
- Participate in work planning, staffing and the development and review of operating systems and work procedures.
- Cost effectively source and acquire new equipment, spares, tools and engineering contractor services as required.
- Develop and implement effective preventive maintenance systems and procedures.
- Participate in the planning for, modification/installation and test-running of existing/new equipment.
- Cost effectively, recommend, develop and implement innovative process/technological changes to improve the efficiency/quality of the Company.
- Participate in the planning and execution of projects as required.
- Actively provide support and technical services that respond to customers needs and engage in activities that seek to improve customers’ perception of the Company’s products.
- Accurately prepare and review the Department’s annual budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in the development and implementation of and perform all duties in accordance with the procedures as per ISO 9001 standards and CGL Quality Manual.
- Conduct the annual performance appraisal of subordinates and undertake appropriate follow-up actions in an effort to develop the capabilities of employees and maximise the efficiency of the department.
- Effectively handle industrial relations matters of the Department.
- Plan for and participate in training and developmental activities for subordinates.
- Effectively ensure that subordinates adhere to the Company’s/Department’s safety policies and procedures to minimise the risk of injury.
- Accurately prepare appropriate reports relevant to the job function and related matters.
- To comply with the Company’s/ Department’s procedures and policies belonging to the Quality Management System and the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System.
- To fulfill the legal duties of the Occupational Safety & Health Act 2004 as an employee
Training and Experience
- A bachelors degree in Engineering.
- At least five (5) years experience in a similar position.
- A working knowledge of computer operations and relevant software packages.
- Knowledge of glass making processes.
- The ability to communicate effectively
Human Resource Manager
Carib Glassworks Limited
PO Box 1287, Port-of-Spain