1. Where are you currently assigned and how long have you been with the ANSA McAL Group?
I am currently the Assistant Manager of Reinsurance in the Underwriting Department. I have been employed with the ANSA McAL Group for 6 years. I began my career in TATIL in the Finance department where I was the initially the Operations Accountant and then the Finance Accountant. My background is in Finance however I was very interested in Underwriting/ Reinsurance when I started working at TATIL, which is why I eventually moved to this area.
2. What is the most surprising thing you have learnt since working for the Group/your company?
The ANSA McAL Group recognizes and acknowledges individual potential and contributions of their employees. However, I was surprised how many opportunities for growth are provided as long as employees show initiative and interest.
3. What has been your most significant achievement to date and what do you think of your experience thus far?
Since joining TATIL I have been involved in various projects, the most significant to date would be the involvement in the transition of our Barbados branch from a manual operation to automatic reporting on our IT system. It’s been a very rewarding experience to be part of the transition team to transform the Barbados operations.
4. Have you ever felt like giving up and what did you do to lift your spirit and boost your confidence?
I have never felt like giving up but sometimes I am overwhelmed trying to balance my portfolio with various other projects. Our Managing Director who I also see as a mentor always has very good advice and always has words of encouragement and motivation.
5. If you could do things all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself?
Of course, my career here at ANSA McAL has been very fulfilling and I am grateful for the opportunities that have been provided to me. The Group has a very challenging and dynamic environment and it is certainly a pleasure working here.