1. Where you are currently assigned and how long have you been with the ANSA McAL Group?
I am currently assigned to ANSA Motors – HSSE and Facilities Manager. I have been in the Group since March 1st 2012 where I started at Metpro.
2. What is the most surprising thing you have learnt since working for the Group/your Sector?
ANSA McAL is full of surprises, there is no dull day at ANSA McAL. I understand that I have a social responsibility and I do care for what ANSA McAL stands for as an employer. I believe in hard work and being connected to all the employees to make a difference. If there is one thing that I have learnt since working for the Group, it is that hard work + determination = success.
3. What has been your most significant achievement to date and what do you think of your experience thus far?
The most significant achievement for me is having an influence to make positive changes in the companies I have worked for and the ones I work together with in the Group. Significant achievements such as to lead and attain measurable targets that are surpassed with team work and togetherness. This is better than the employee of the year award.
4. Have you ever felt like giving up and what did you do to lift your spirit and boost your confidence?
Yes, some days I do feel like giving up but it all depends on where you set your success horizon. There are excellent leaders working at ANSA McAL that give you that extra drive to boost your confidence. Nixon Gangoo, Neil Mohammed, Jerome Borde, Daryl Young, Rishi Basdeo, Alex Sabga, David Sabga and Cindy Wilson. These persons are great leaders in their respected fields, they listen, give good advice and the most important thing they are employee centred. As an employee, I try very hard to develop the following attributes:
- Positive attitude in personal interactions with other employees and with the customers
- Understand the core values and vision of the business
- Make my Key performance indicator a minimum requirement and try to exceed expectations in all areas of work.
- Punctuality always for work, meetings and functions. High attendance/low absenteeism at work, meetings and functions.
- Demonstrates initiatives to make a difference or motivate others to succeed
- Coach other employees
5. If you could do things all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself?
Yes, I will choose ANSA McAL and the same path.
I always remember my first day meeting with Mr Jerome Borde, he laid the platform for success by saying.
“ANSA Automotive there is no grey line for poor performance, work hard and the sky is the limit”. This still sits at the back of my mind as a motivational drive to continue to perform my duties with reflection.
In the future, I might probably write a leadership book about my experiences at ANSA McAL.