1. Where you are currently assigned and how long have you been with the ANSA McAL Group?
I am currently assigned to the Financial Services Sector and I have been with the Group for 5 years.
2. What are some of your key responsibilities and accountabilities and how do you go about motivating or challenging yourself?
As the Performance Management/Organizational Development Lead, my portfolio entails leading all HR activities (Performance Management, Industrial Relations, Recruitment, Talent Development, Data Analytics, Succession Planning etc.) for the Sector, which includes companies across both Trinidad and Barbados.
I am a self-motivated individual, so I will put every effort into any task or project that I am assigned and I am driven by my own personal success. With every task completed, there is always opportunity for self-improvement so I challenge myself by being better than I was before.
3. What is the most surprising thing you have learnt since working for the Group?
In early 2016, I was given the opportunity to work alongside Dr. Sabga and I think what surprised me the most, as it relates to the Financial Services Sector, was how involved he still was in the Companies and how much he genuinely cared about his Companies, their success and his employees.
4. How would you describe the working atmosphere and the people with whom you work or interact with?
The sector is a very high performing one, so the working atmosphere is one that drives performance and excelling in your job. However, there is also the softer side of the sector where we see a very high level of camaraderie among employees and a constant willingness to help one another.
5. Why would someone want to work with Financial Services?
The Financial Services Industry as a whole is a diverse and dynamic one and within the ANSA McAL Group, this sector offers endless opportunities for growth and development. It is also a sector where intangible products are being sold. It builds a more rewarding and personal relationship with your customers, as you work together to achieve their financial goals.
6. Tell us something that most persons would find surprising about you?
Most people who are close to me in the office know that I exercise most mornings before coming in. However, the surprising thing is that I am not a morning person, until I have had my cup of coffee.