Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Port of Spain / Trinidad and Tobago
- Manage all marketing activities for the FSS with overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, evaluating advertising, merchandising and trade show promotion programs.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors for the FSS.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing team and oversee their daily activities.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute the Sector’s strategic objectives.
- Manages performance level within the department through training, coaching, mentoring and corrective disciplinary action.
- Manage the performance of staff through completion of regular annual performance contracts and mid-year reviews ensuring compensation is competitive, equitable and fair within the marketing function.
- Conduct regular on-going coaching discussions with staff to address and improve all areas.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects as well as monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and report on results monthly.
- Preparation and management of the marketing and communications budget for the entire Sector, broken out by Company as well as report monthly on variances.
- Develop pricing strategy for new and existing products for the FSS with the relevant department heads.
- Create marketing presentations, liaise with media and advertising and work closely with all relevant departments.
- Assist in the development of products as well as effective product positioning within the market.
- Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation and consumer insight development.
- Launch and oversee advertising and media planning as well as Launch of the On-Line and Social Media channels for the Sector.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company function are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Business Perspective – Using an understanding of business issues, processes, outcomes and financial information to enhance business performance.
- Decision Making – Making Decisions involving varied level risk and ambiguity.
- Governance & Compliance – Driving and complying with Group Policies and procedures to ensure sustainable and risk-managed business operations.
- Strategic Thinking – Understands and processes complex information and exercises sound judgment, considering the situation, the issues, the key players and the levels of authority involved. Proposes course of action that furthers the objectives, priorities and vision of the organization while promoting and ensuring alignment with the organization’s visions and goals.
- Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effective and efficient way.
- Leading and Developing Self – Ability to develop and demonstrate personal flexibility though the willingness and ability to manage self and overall learning endeavors.
- Leading and Developing Others – Fostering employee development by providing a supportive learning environment.
- Respect for Others – Driving organizational success by treating others with dignity and appreciation for their contributions.
Our competitive and driven compensation package includes:
- Group Health/ Life Insurance
- Group Pension Plan
- Performance-based incentive
- Paid vacation leave
- Ability for personal growth and development
Start Date: June 1, 2018
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job:
- • Master’s degree in Marketing or similar discipline. • A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. - • Ten (10) years’ experience in product management, marketing, product delivery • Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience operating at a managerial level; experience in the financial sector would be an asset