Position: Accounting Assistant - Inventory
Some key deliverables and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing the monthly reconciliations for new and used vehicles. Following-up for feedback and resolution as required.
- Preparing the vehicle count reconciliation to the Schedules (General Ledger) monthly.
- Managing the Compliance Audit checks based on a pre-determined schedule and reviewing the results of these audit checks and reporting discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Thoroughly investigating any breach in policy identified. Reviewing any breaches in policy with the Supervisor so that these can be escalated accordingly.
- Following up with the respective departments to monitor compliance to stock count procedures so that all counts and stock moves are accurate and completed in the specified time frames.
- Distributing the parts ledger listings to be used for the count, compiling variance results received, posting approved variances to the parts ledger and generating validation reports.
- Being present at all quarterly parts counts & parts stock moves to ensure procedural compliance during the count period. This will include processing of quarterly parts stock adjustments in the sub-ledger for approved variances.
- Ensuring that departmental / operational procedures for Vehicle reconciliations or parts inventory management are always updated and adhered to.
You must be meticulous and assertive with a strong sense of governance and compliance and demonstrate ethics and honesty in all aspects of the job. You will also possess strong attention to detail and thoroughness and the ability to analyze and present data/information.
- Advanced Levels, CAPE or equivalent in related subject area (Business, Accounting etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with special emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- CAT or ACCA Qualifications will be an asset.
How to apply: