Position: Dispatch and Logistics Manager
Location: Chaguanas / Trinidad and Tobago
The role brings with it the following key responsibilities and deliverables:
- To represent, oversee & supervise all dispatchers to ensure the overall accuracy of the delivery process.
- To assist with the daily management of warehouse operations and activities and ensure the efficient utilization of resources.
- To efficiently plan and co-ordinate the scheduling of the expeditious delivery of products to customers in accordance with relevant delivery schedules, as well as maintain means to track efficiency.
- To efficiently utilize warehouse space, materials and equipment, appropriately secure warehouse facilities and ensure that the warehouse is clean, tidy, orderly and maintained in accordance with acceptable housekeeping standards.
- To assist with the planning and monitoring of the storage of goods within the warehouse, in a manner conducive to allowing continuous stock checking, and no stock loss.
- To ensure all measures are taken to ensure no damage and theft to product and company assets.
- To identify and report on all damages observed within the warehouse.
- To liaise with customers, suppliers and contractors as necessary.
- To provide staff with clear coaching and guidance to ensure high standards of customer service is constantly maintained.
- To compile relevant data for submission to Managing Director for inclusion in monthly general reports.
- To maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
- To oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment, and maintenance of the delivery fleet.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar environment, 3 of which should be at a managerial level.
- Computer proficiency
It would also be an additional benefit if applicants also possess the following:
- Warehouse Management experience
- Call Centre or Customer Service experience
- High level of coaching and understanding of HR Disciplinary processes
How to apply:
These are the requirements for applying for this job: